- Occupations and Assessing Authorities for Subclass 491
The purpose of the instrument is to introduce the subclass 491 and close the subclass 489 visa to applicants in the First Provisional Visa Stream therefore amendments are made to remove from LIN 19/051 all references to the subclass 489 visa that are no longer applicable.
This instrument makes various amendments:
- Changes the assessing authority for child care centre manager from TRA to ACECQA for subclass 491, subclass 189, subclass 190 and subclass 485 visa applications made after 16 November 2019
- Changes the assessing authority for podiatrist from ANZPAC to PodBA for subclass 491, subclass 189, subclass 190 and subclass 485 visa applications made after 16 November 2019
- The instrument maintains the assessing authorities for the occupations of child care centre manager and podiatrist as TRA and ANZPAC respectively for skills assessments that occur prior to 16 November 2019.
- Clarifies LIN 19/051 by stipulating that the Assessing authority for physicist (234914) is VETASSESS except for a Medical Physicist which is ACPSEM
The material parts of the instrument commence on 16 November 2019.
- Pool and Pass Marks for GSM visas
Legislative Instrument F2019L01400 – LIN 19/210 :Pool and Pass Marks for General Skilled Migration Visas Instrument 2019 specifies the pool and pass marks at 65 points for the Subclass 491 and maintains the pool and pass mark at 65 points for the subclass 189 and subclass 190.
This instrument repeals 18/067 and commences on 16 November 2019.
- 491 and 494 eligibility for English courses through AMEP
Legislative Instrument F2019L01406- LIN 19/218: Temporary visa classes for eligibility for english classes Instrument 2019 specifies classes of temporary visas that a person must hold to be eligible for the provision of English courses according to Part 2 of the Act. Part 2 of the Act provides for up to 510 hours of tuition in approved English courses to eligible migrants who do not have functional English. This is delivered through the Australian Government Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP).
The instrument specifies two new temporary visa classes to ensure that holders of the new Subclass 491 and Subclass 494 who do not have functional English are eligible for approved English courses through the AMEP.
The instrument repeals English Courses for Holders of Certain Temporary Visas 2015 (F2015L01020) and commences on 16 November 2019.