General Skilled Migration Program (GSM) is for people who are not sponsored by an employer but have skills in particular occupations required in Australia. This is the most common visa option for migration to Australia.
Applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements in order to apply for GSM visas.
- Applicants must between age 18 to 44 years of age when applying
- Must have been awarded a tertiary qualification which is equivalent to Australian standards
- Must have a positive skilled assessment in a Skilled Occupation
- Must have competency in English
Offshore Skilled Visa Subclasses
There are a variety of skilled migration options for offshore applicants:
This visa allows you to travel to and enter Australia for five (5) years from the date the visa is granted. With full work and study rights in Australia.
• Skilled-Independent (Migrant) Subclass 189
• Skilled-Sponsored (Migrant) Subclass 190
This is a five (5) years provisional visa for skilled workers who are unable to meet the criteria for a permanent visa. You will have the opportunity to apply for Permanent Residency after you have lived and worked in Australia for 3 years.
• Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491